▪ Extraction Method: Heat Processed
▪ Processing Type: Refined
▪ Obtained From: Kernels
▪ Origin: Malaysia
▪ Please Note: This oil is a sustainable product.
▪ Color: Clear, colorless to very pale yellow liquid.
▪ Aromatic Description: Fractionated Coconut Carrier Oil has no scent characteristic of most carrier oils.
▪ Common Uses: Fractionated Coconut Carrier Oil is used almost exclusively by cosmetic manufacturers.
▪ Consistency: Typical and Characteristic of Carrier Oils.
▪Absorption: Fractionated Coconut produces a barrier on the skin, but will not clog pores.
▪ Fractionated Coconut Oil is not your regular cold-pressed coconut oil that goes solid at room temperature, though it's ability as an emollient and moisturizer is the same. Fractionated oils have been heated as part of their processing, to separate certain chains of fatty acids into components. This refines, clarifies, and deodorizes the oil.
▪ Our Fractionated Coconut Oil meets the quality standards of the FDA, Health Canada, and the European Pharmacopoeia.
▪ Shelf Life: Fractionated Coconut oil is extremely resistant to breaking down and does not go rancid like other carrier oils. The shelf life is indefinite with proper storage conditions (cool, out of direct sunlight). Refrigeration is not needed.
▪ Cautions: Allergic reactions to this oil is a possibility, though less so than regular coconut.
▪ Storage: It is recommended that cold-pressed Carrier Oils be kept in a cool dark place to maintain freshness and achieve maximum shelf life. If refrigerated, bring to room temperature before using.